About Tara Mandala
Tara Mandala is a vibrant international Buddhist Community with groups around the world. It was established in 1993 by Lama Tsultrim Allione and her late husband, David Petit, to foster the development of innate wisdom for the benefit of all beings. The hub of the Tara Mandala community is the 700-acre dharma center in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Through the center and the Satellite Sanghas, Tara Mandala offers a complete path of meditation practice, study, and deep retreat in the tradition of Vajrayana Buddhism. Tara Mandala is dedicated to bringing people to realization through the Buddhist teachings. Tara Mandala is committed to fostering a welcoming atmosphere for all people to explore the teachings of the Buddha, and we are committed to cultivating a community that values diversity and inclusion.
“Tara Mandala was created to bring people together to support each other, practice, and do retreat in order to reach realization. The second purpose of Tara Mandala is to be a temenos for the emergence of the sacred feminine, through the lens of Vajrayana, leading to the balance of genuine partnership between the masculine and feminine in our world.” – Lama Tsultrim Allione
Tara Mandala seeks candidates who are familiar with and live by Buddhist principles, including the 5 precepts and the 10 virtuous actions. We strive to have an open heart, cultivate compassion and empathy for others whether co-workers, visitors or retreatants. We are here to serve the Dharma first and foremost.
Tara Mandala Leadership Values can be reviewed here:
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for verifying, posting, and coding receipts from Tara Mandala retreatants and donors. This primarily involves the timely data entry in QuickBooks. There will be some customer service and interaction with customers. This position works closely with the Finance Director and Bookkeeper. This role is expected to average 20 hours per week. The job may be performed remotely or on-site.
Overview of Duties and Areas of Oversight
- Entering and coding one-time and recurring invoices into QuickBooks
- Entering daily payments received via Shopify, Stripe, PayPal and Authorize
- Maintaining payment changes and customer details
- Processing credits and refunds
- Detecting discrepancies and resolving payment issues
- Updating expired or declined credit cards
- Updating various platforms and files to reflect accounting related data and details
- Protecting Tara Mandala’s integrity by keeping information confidential
- Attend weekly finance meetings
- May assist with fundraising events, entering pledges, and corresponding payments. Fundraisers may occur during evenings or on weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills & Competencies
- A college degree is preferred for this position or an Associate in accounting or similar field
- This position requires 2-3 years’ experience in QuickBooks and Excel.
- Accounting and quantitative skills are necessary.
- Account receivable background is a plus.
- Detail orientation and strong organization skills are imperative.
- The candidate must be flexible and agile in learning new systems and platforms.
- The candidate should be trustworthy and dependable, as well as a self-starter.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary.
Compensation, Benefits and Other Job Requirements
- This can be either an onsite residential position or offsite position
- Benefits including 1 free onsite or virtual retreat after 1 year of service
- Two free online courses per year
- Compensation is based on experience and skills
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time as needed by the organization.
Tara Mandala is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity with respect to race, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.