This position involves the planning, development and implementation of Tara Mandala marketing strategies, with focus on a national and international level, in collaboration with the Executive Director. The selected candidate has an understanding of Dharma, publicity and communications campaign production, design and reporting, and expertise in social media with awareness and utilization of trends in current and new media channels. Strong team player and copy writing skills are important.
Main Responsibilities will be:
- Planning, organizing and executing strategies necessary for publicizing and communicating Tara Mandala in a timely and congruent manner while maintaining a high-quality brand experience. Key focus:
- Onsite retreats and programs
- Online programs,
- News and developments
- Fundraising and other support campaigns
- Develop strategies and providing resources for Tara Mandala Satellite Sanghas
- Collaboration with Tara Mandala staff to drive projects to completion
- Weekly/Monthly tracking and reporting on effectiveness of strategies and efforts
- Working with Tara Mandala’s main marketing channels:
- Website: Engage users from the top level funnel to deep level.
- Email Campaigns/Mailing-List growth
- Google Analytics
- Social-media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Print-advertising (Magazines, newspapers, Tara Mandala Catalog)
- Radio Sponsorships and Ads
- Actively exploring new strategies through effective marketing channels, that are in alignment with Tara Mandala’s mission.
- Develop experiential communications strategy
- Participate in executive team planning for organization
- Collaborative working relationships with authorized and visiting teachers, ensuring they have exposure through our marketing channels, and have access to promotional resources (copy, audio, video) to promote themselves.
- High quality copy writing and messaging
- High proficiency with social-media and other online media and tools
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Doc equivalent software
- Knowledge and experience with WordPress
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Impeccable eye for detail and aesthetic
- Ability to work in team setting with department managers and executive director
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to stay on schedule, within budget, and deliver projects on time
- Be proactive and able to work well with ambiguity to bring clarity and definition to projects under management
- Strong ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, take and give feedback, communicate project needs, and work closely in a team environment as well as on one’s own.
- Unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness
- Accommodating, cooperative, and able to take direction
- Motivated to provide high quality of work
- Experience with Buddhism, or spiritual practice
- Commitment to displaying, developing, and upholding Tara Mandala’s Leadership Values.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited University in marketing, publicity or communications
- Three to five years experience in marketing.
- At least three high quality references.
This can be a residential or remote position, with a commitment for at least 18 months.