About Tara Mandala
Tara Mandala is a vibrant international Buddhist Community with groups around the world. It was established in 1993 by Lama Tsultrim Allione and her late husband, David Petit, to foster the development of innate wisdom for the benefit of all beings. The hub of the Tara Mandala community is the 700-acre dharma center in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Through the center and the Global Sanghas, Tara Mandala offers a complete path of meditation practice, study, and deep retreat in the tradition of Vajrayana Buddhism. Tara Mandala is dedicated to bringing people to realization through the Buddhist teachings. Tara Mandala is committed to fostering a welcoming atmosphere for all people to explore the teachings of the Buddha, and we are committed to cultivating a community that values diversity and inclusion.
“Tara Mandala was created to bring people together to support each other, practice, and do retreat in order to reach realization. The second purpose of Tara Mandala is to be a temenos for the emergence of the sacred feminine, through the lens of Vajrayana, leading to the balance of genuine partnership between the masculine and feminine in our world.” – Lama Tsultrim Allione
Tara Mandala seeks candidates who are familiar with and live by Buddhist principles, including the 5 precepts and the 10 virtuous actions. We strive to have an open heart, cultivate compassion and empathy for others whether co-workers, visitors or retreatants. We are here to serve the Dharma first and foremost.
Tara Mandala Leadership Values can be reviewed here.
This position oversees and coordinates the following areas and works directly under the Senior Communications Manager. This person will have an understanding of dharma, marketing campaign production, design and reporting, and expertise in social media with awareness and utilization of trends in current and new media channels. Areas include:
- Support Lama Tsultrim Allione’s Social Media and Public Relations
- Global Sangha Support and Communications
- Fundraising and Development Support
- Tara Mandala Social Media Support (includes Livestream Events)
- Other Communication Team Support
This is a part-time position, offsite and approximately 20 hours per week. Work schedule varies week to week and can include evenings and weekends. Must have proof of ability to work in the US.
Overview of Duties and Areas of Oversight
- Social media community management (posting, monitoring, engaging, reporting) for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Providing moderation support for livestream communications/promotional offerings
- Supporting Senior Community Manager in meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Copywriting for social media and other promotional channels
- Contributing to analytics & communications reports (weekly, quarterly, annual)
- Planning, organizing and executing Fundraising campaigns working under the direction of Development and Donor Relations Staff and Executive Director
- Providing support on Tara Mandala campaigns
- Actively exploring new strategies through effective communication channels, that are in alignment with Tara Mandala’s mission
- Attending Communications team meetings
Day to Day Responsibilities
Working under the direction of the Senior Communications Manager:
- Managing livestream promotional events on social media for Lama Tsultrim and Tara Mandala
- Designing, copywriting and posting to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Supporting the Global Sanghas by providing materials necessary for publicizing and communicating programs
- Developing and communicating annual/monthly/weekly communication schedule of activities
- Tracking and reporting on effectiveness of strategies from website and communications channels
- Supporting Tara Mandala’s relationship with the media, writing effective press releases, if needed, and contributing to Tara Mandala’s media list
Required Education, Skills & Competencies
- At least 2-3 years working in social media / digital marketing for a company or agency
- Experience managing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Copywriting experience
- Understanding of the ever changing social media trends, platforms, and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask while remaining communicative
- Video editing experience a plus
- Experience writing and distributing Press Releases a plus
- Self-starter who also works well on a team
- Strong ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, take and give feedback, communicate project needs, and work closely in a team environment
- Be proactive and able to bring clarity and definition to projects under management
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Driven to be successful and contribute to a team obtaining a common goal
- Unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness
- Accommodating, cooperative, and able to take direction
- Motivated to provide high quality of work
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time as needed by the organization.
Tara Mandala is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity with respect to race, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.