Live Programs Coordinator
This position is within the Online Programs and Learning Experience Team, and has the responsibility for supporting the development, implementation and revision of the ‘live’ online programs, including those that are completely ‘live’ webcast and those with pre-recorded video with supported live webcast.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and coordinates live online programs and associated products as directed by the Education and Learning Experience Manager.
- Supports teachers in creating content for new online programs.
- Writes content copy for website, social media posts/ads and catalogue.
- Reviews draft videos for quality and liaises with AV Manager for editing and finalizing videos.
- Organizes and facilitates webcasts for live programs.
- Writes email copy for weekly emails for live programs participants.
- Coordinates with teachers re: webcasts scheduling and content development.
- Responds to customer emails re: programs questions and refers specific content questions to the teacher/s.
- Monitors discussion forum, approves comments and responds to participant questions.
- Liaises with Webmaster to ensure sales pages and content are up to date and accurate.
- Tracks and organizes program packages (mailing) for live programs with collateral materials.
- 1-2 years experience in producing and/or coordinating education courses or retreats, and/or in teaching courses, especially online preferred.
- Knowledge about Tibetan Buddhism and Vajrayana specifically would be helpful.
- Excellent writing skills and experience or willingness to learn copywriting.
- Experience in working directly with teachers and in applying excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and an ability to work in team settings.
- Experience working with remote team members and willingness to work some evenings and weekends for webcast facilitation.
- Interest or experience in creating excellent learning experiences in the online environment.
Typical work schedule is 3 days/week. The position is preferred off-site (remote) but living on-site may be possible. Flexible hours and some work on weekends and potentially evenings (to support webcasts).
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a computer.
This position does not manage or oversee any other staff.