Network Community Coordinator
About Tara Mandala
Tara Mandala is a vibrant international Buddhist Community with groups around the world. It was established in 1993 by Lama Tsultrim Allione and her late husband, David Petit, to foster the development of innate wisdom for the benefit of all beings. The hub of the Tara Mandala community is the 700-acre dharma center in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Through the center, its online programs and the Global Sangha, Tara Mandala offers a complete path of meditation practice, study, and deep retreat in the tradition of Vajrayana Buddhism. Tara Mandala is dedicated to bringing people to realization through Buddhist teachings. Tara Mandala is committed to fostering a welcoming atmosphere for all people to explore the teachings of the Buddha, and we are committed to cultivating a community that values diversity and inclusion.
“Tara Mandala was created to bring people together to support each other, practice, and do retreat in order to reach realization. The second purpose of Tara Mandala is to be a temenos for the emergence of the sacred feminine, through the lens of Vajrayana, leading to the balance of genuine partnership between the masculine and feminine in our world.” – Lama Tsultrim Allione
Tara Mandala seeks candidates who are familiar with and live by Buddhist principles, including the 5 precepts and the 10 virtuous actions. We strive to have an open heart, cultivate compassion and empathy for others whether co-workers, visitors, or retreatants. We are here to serve the Dharma first and foremost.
Tara Mandala Leadership Values can be reviewed here
This is a part-time remote/work from home position, up to 20 hours per week. The rate of pay is $17 per hour. A stable high speed internet connection without interruption is required for this role. Knowledge of Tibetan Buddhism and Vajrayana is required for this role. We offer opportunities to attend select retreats at Tara Mandala as a benefit.
The position covers these main areas:
- Administrative support to the Tara Mandala Network Community Manager with technical tasks, content creation and production, and moderation for the Tara Mandala Network.
- Assistance with the coordination and support of members of the Tara Mandala global community, including supporting Global Sangha Leaders and local sangha volunteers.
- Weekly management of the archiving of all Tara Mandala newly recorded content into the main Tara Mandala server.
The Network Community Coordinator reports to the Programs Director and works closely under the guidance and supervision of the Tara Mandala Network Community Manager and the Programs Manager.
The work-hour load per week for this position is 20 hours based on the specific needs of the Tara Mandala Network, content archiving and while fulfilling the routine administrative requirements such as participating in 1-2 planning meetings per week.
The Programs Director will be responsible for overseeing hours week to week for this position. To fulfill this position, the person must have an Ethernet connection and consistent and reliable high-speed internet connection with speeds of at least 10Mbps/10Mbps (upload/download), access to a personal computer with a minimum requirement of 16 GB of RAM and either Windows 11 or macOS Sonoma operating system, a suitable space for any on-screen moderation, and the willingness to acquire equipment if needed to improve sound and video quality.
Essential Job Duties & Areas of Responsibility
- Meets weekly with Tara Mandala Network Community Manager and with the Programs Team to plan weekly workload, strategize and support the needs of the Network.
- Provides hands-on support in creative planning and production of content for the Tara Mandala Network. This includes editing video and audio content for the purpose of delivering educational online material.
- Moderates the upholding of engagement guidelines in the Tara Mandala Network.
- Assists in the creation of new tutorial content in the Tara Mandala Network to support the successful onboarding of new members and interaction among existing users.
- Oversees the moderation and logistical support of any live streaming broadcast in the Tara Mandala Network as needed when the Tara Mandala Network Community Manager is unavailable to hold directly.
- Works varying days and times, based on the needs of the Tara Mandala Network management.
- Works in close collaboration with Programs Manager and Website Support to conduct and maintain weekly archiving of all Tara Mandala recorded content into Tara Mandala’s archival server with proper indexing.
Required Education, Skills & Competencies
- High school degree required, college degree preferred.
- Knowledge about Tibetan Buddhism and Vajrayana required
- Excellent writing skills and a willingness to learn copywriting.
- Proficient with Website tools such as Zoom, Google Suite, and Mighty Networks. Knowledge and use of WordPress and basic html code is a plus.
- Experience with production and editing of online video and audio content required.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) and good communication skills.
- Self-motivated, responsible, and able to work independently.
- Extremely well-organized and an exceptional eye for detail.
- Willingness and capacity to learn new software and other online platforms as needed.
- Exceptional customer service and hospitality experience, including knowing how to diffuse tense situations.
- Ability to respond quickly and skillfully to problems during a program and coordinate with team members during an emergency.
- Outgoing and able to communicate clearly, confidently, and warmly when on a screen.
- Team player that is level-headed, flexible, and compassionate.
- Must be able to be in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to hear and appreciate other points of view, including those of a diverse and cross-cultural nature.
- Highly organized and resourceful with ability to prioritize, problem solve, and take initiative.
- High level of dependability, integrity, and honesty.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in regard to customers’ information and other sensitive matters.
- Has a dedicated Buddhist practice, including a daily practice.
- Strong connection to the lineages at Tara Mandala preferred.
- Have excitement about being part of emerging Dharma in the West.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated ability to work in an organization professionally while upholding Buddhist values and conduct.
- Upholds Tara Mandala Leadership Values and Code of Conduct, which is available for review here.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time as needed by the organization.
Tara Mandala is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity with respect to race, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.