GREEN TARA VIRTUAL RETREAT
With Magyu Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam
April 23 - 27, 2020
A Tara Mandala Virtual and Pay It Forward Retreat
Our world is calling us into retreat. What better time to bring intentionality and mindful practice to our days of seclusion; to cultivate compassion and awareness for all beings as we navigate the global and personal waves of uncertainty. This is the time to call on Green Tara, she who relieves fear and suffering; she who reminds us of our inherent, primordial heart of compassion. This retreat is a prime opportunity to meet Lama Tsultrim’s invitation to engage in our practice as a form of “contemplative activism,” benefiting both ourselves and our tender world.
Registration for this retreat will close at 2:30pm MT on 04/23/20.
In this retreat you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn to embody Green Tara, the female Buddha of compassion, who provides protection from fears and obstacles.
- Learn the Green Tara practice from the Luminous Secret Vajra Treasury, a treasure cycle of Adzom Drukpa.
- Connect with others, engage in discussion, ask questions, and interact directly with your teacher.
- Please find a detailed schedule of this Virtual Retreat below.
Who should attend?
- This retreat is open to all.
- This is a required retreat for the Magyu Mother Lineage Program.
What do I need?
- A quiet space from which to join the teachings
- A phone or mobile device with audio and video capabilities
- Green Tara Practice Text (PDF download – Tara Mandala will provide)
- Click here to order a hard copy of the text (optional for purchase)
- Green Tara Practice Commentary (optional for purchase)
- Green Tara Laminated Deity Card (optional for purchase)
What is a Virtual Retreat?
Our Virtual Retreat is an at-home retreat during which you will receive transmission and teachings of the Green Tara practice, engage in guided practice, and connect with other participants through an easy-to-use online platform (Zoom). Our online sessions will be interspersed with personal time for contemplation, reflection and solo practice. We encourage you to create a retreat environment during our days together, by setting aside a specified retreat space, removing yourself as much as possible from social media, and taking care of necessities with the mind of compassion in action.
This retreat is meant to be attended live, however the entire retreat will be available for 7 days after the end of the retreat for additional viewing.
I registered for the original onsite retreat, what can I do?
If you have signed up for this retreat as an onsite retreat at Tara Mandala, you can easily convert your registration to this new Virtual Retreat format. Please connect with our Registrar to do this at email@example.com.
NEW IN 2020 – This is a Pay It Forward Retreat!
- There are no fees for this retreat.
- The retreat is offered to anyone who desires to participate.
- A $200 deposit is required to secure a space.
- This deposit can be donated to our Pay It Forward fund or refunded.
- You can also make an additional donation to Tara Mandala to help fund our “Pay It Forward” fund.
- Click here to learn more about the Pay It Forward initiative.
Magyu Lopön Charlotte Z. Rotterdam has studied Tibetan Buddhism for the last 20 years, was authorized to teach by Lama Tsultrim Allione in 2006, and received the title of Magyu Lopön, lead teacher of Magyu: The Mother Lineage at Tara Mandala from Lama Tsultrim in 2016. Lopön Charlotte teaches in…
Learn more about Magyu Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam