Zhitro: Self-Paced Program
With Lama Tsultrim Allione
In our society we often lack practices specifically designed to help someone who has died as they embark on their transitional journey. The simple and accessible practice of Zhitro offers a real way for a practitioner to help the deceased. This practice also helps one to become familiarized with the visions and experiences one may experience during the 49 days following one’s own passing.
During the 49 days following death, the consciousness of the deceased may be lingering in an intermediate state, known as the “bardo” in Tibetan. This self-paced course provides the necessary instruction so students will know how to offer this powerful practice when someone passes away and help them. The Zhitro instruction provided in this course also prepares practitioners to undertake the Dzogchen of dark retreat.
Key Features/ What Will I Learn?
- During this self-paced course, Lama Tsultrim Allione will teach Zhitro (Peaceful and Wrathful), which is a practice used during the 49 days after death to help those who have died. It is a terma (treasure) from Namkha Mingyur Dorje, the young tertön whose revelations were written down by his teacher Karma Chagme. His revealed treasure practices, collectively referred to as “Namchö” or “Space Treasures,” have a very simple, direct, and visionary quality, making this a much simpler practice than other Zhitro practices.
- Lama Tsultrim will show us how to set up a shrine for the 49 days of the practice following death, and will give the lung or hearing transmission for the practice. This Zhitro practice is also used as preparation for the Dzogchen of dark retreat.
- Via a supportive set of video and audio demonstrations of the practice, a practitioner will be able to practice with guidance to achieve familiarity with Zhitro.
- 3 video modules with teachings from Lama Tsultrim
- Downloadable e-friendly version of the Zhitro practice text
- Downloads of images to support your practice
- Access to supplementary audio files to further support your practice
- Invitation to join the Mighty Networks practice community to receive long-term support
Who Is This Course For?
- Learning this Zhitro practice is a requirement for the Magyu: Mother Lineage Program.
- This course is open to all.
- There are no prerequisites to begin this course.
- All students learning via this course are encouraged, when offered, to also receive the “Lung” (oral transmission) of this practice in order to receive the full benefit and blessings of the lineage. Lama Tsultrim offers the Lung live regularly. It is free and open to all. For more information on when an upcoming live transmission may be offered or to register please go here.
Lama Tsultrim Allione is the bestselling author of Women of Wisdom (1984), Feeding Your Demons (2008), and Wisdom Rising Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine (2018). Lama Tsultrim is the founder of Tara Mandala, a 700-acre retreat center with the three-story temple and library dedicated to the divine…
Learn more about Lama Tsultrim Allione