We understand that committing to a retreat is a large task. With the Extended Karma Yoga Program, we hope to make the experience of retreat at our Tara Mandala retreat center a possibility for individuals who would like to contribute to Tara Mandala’s dharma activities while also attending retreats and receiving teachings.
The Extended Karma Yoga Program is a unique opportunity, where participants experience the benefits of attending a retreat, while providing service (karma yoga) at Tara Mandala in various areas. The program offers 50% off any retreat in exchange for 4 hours of work per day during the retreat. Please note: This program only applies to retreats being hosted onsite at the Tara Mandala retreat center located in Colorado and not to virtual retreats or other online offerings.
- Must be flexible with daily schedule to accommodate kitchen schedule needs, e.g., morning, lunch or evening shifts.
- Work will include prepping food, washing pots and pans, general cleaning, e.g. floors, stove, etc.
- Must arrive on registration day between 2pm and 4pm and work after the lunch shift on the final day to help clear up the kitchen.
- Must be able to pick up 50 lbs. or less and work standing on your feet.
- Must be able to work in the kitchen at kitchen manager’s direction.
- Must work 4 hours per day spread into two shifts to accommodate teaching sessions.
- Must be able to work up to 7 days in a row with one day off if program is longer than 7 days (most programs are 3, 5 or 7 days).
- Must meet prerequisites for retreat for which the application is submitted.
- May not be able to participate in all early morning or evening meditation sessions, depending on kitchen schedule.
- Will receive 50% off onsite retreat fees, up to shared double room in Prajna.
- Requires signing-up one month before program start date.
- Must be approved by the Kitchen Manager.
- Payment is due within 10 days of being offered place in the program or the place will be offered to someone else.
- If a payment plan is needed, this can be discussed with our finance department.
- Full payment is required 30 days before retreat or within 7 days (if registering within 30 days).
- Cancellation within 30 days of retreat start date forfeits fees paid (i.e., no refund).
- Refunds for cancellations 31 days or more before retreat start date are subject to a $100 administrative fee.
- Lodging options: shared room in Prajna, yurt or camping option.
- May participate in up to two Tara Mandala retreats under this program per year.
- The Extended Karma Yoga program does not apply to virtual retreats or other online programs.