Top to Bottom: Green Tara, Lama Tsultrim Allione, Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam
Green Tara Live
With Lama Tsultrim Allione and Lopon Charlotte Rotterdam
June 12 – July 31, 2021
Green Tara sits with one foot in the meditative posture and one foot in the world, thus embodying active compassion and serving as a model for modern day contemplative life. In this online course, you have the opportunity to learn to embody Green Tara, the female Buddha of compassion, who provides protection from fears and obstacles.
This is a great introductory course for understanding ‘deity’ practice in Buddhism. Green Tara is one of the most beloved and important deities in Tibetan Buddhism. Taught by Lama Tsultrim Allione and Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam, it includes 4 Live Webcasts with Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam.
What Will I Learn?
- Learn the basics of a traditional Tibetan Buddhist practice – known as a sadhana.
- Learn the melodies, mudras, and instruments of traditional sadhana practice.
- This Green Tara sadhana is from a concise terma (revealed) teaching from Ösel Dorje Sangdzö, the “Luminous Secret Vajra Treasury,” as taught by Adzom Drukpa.
Who Is This Course For?
- For both beginning and seasoned practitioners, Green Tara is one of the most profound yet simple practices of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Perfect for men, women, and those who identify as non binary, who are looking to bring the energy of compassion more fully into their lives.
- Completion of this program fulfills the requirement for Magyu practitioners.
- On-demand access to all course materials (9 hours of teachings, audio of practice)
- Access to 4 live webcasts (and recordings) with Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam
- Green Tara Practice Text (pdf download)
- Video demonstrations of the practice, mudras and instructions on Tsog (food offering)
IMPORTANT: An Oral Transmission (Tib. Lung) is necessary for this practice. Lopön Charlotte will offer registered participants a live transmission on two webcasts (1st and 4th – see schedule below). We encourage you to attend the first lung if at all possible.
Tara Mandala offers tiered pricing for all online courses to allow participants the opportunity to offer additional financial support. Additional support helps Tara Mandala expand access to transformational and inspiring teachings even in difficult times. We encourage you to select at the highest level within your capacity, be a part of this vision, and help cover the costs of offering these wonderful teachings. We thank you in advance for your support and your practice!
In gratitude for your consideration, upon registration you will receive automatically a 20% special discount code for select items from our Dakini Store that have been recommended by Lama Tsultrim to assist in support of your practice and learning during this course.
Tier 1: $350
Registration at this level covers the basic costs of holding this online course.
Tier 2: $385
Registration at this level covers basic costs of this online course, generates additional funding for scholarships, and ensures yearlong sustainability for Tara Mandala.
Tier 3: $420
Registration at this level covers basic costs for this online course, generates additional funding for scholarships, Tara Mandala’s year around operations, and also supports the development of new course content to be offered in the future.
Offering dana to the teacher: The practice of offering dana, which means “generosity,” is the traditional offering the student makes to the teacher as a symbol of appreciation, gratitude, and reciprocity for receiving the precious teachings. Information on offering dana to the teacher will be provided during the online program. To learn more about dana and suggested dana ranges, please click here.
Deferred Payment Plans and Scholarships:
Please see this page for further information.
If you are currently a member of our Sustaining Sangha, you may apply your Online Course discount to this course.
- Green Tara Online Course Downloads
- Audio – Green Tara Audio Practice Download
- Week 1: Green Tara Lighting Ceremony and Welcome – 1hr, 15m
- This includes a special teaching from Lama Tsultrim on the 21 Taras with our exquisite Tara statues in the main shrine room of the Tara Temple.
- Week 2: Green Tara Lineage and Complete Practice – 1hr, 30m
- Week 3: Dechan Barwa, Refuge and Bodhicitta – 1hr, 10m
- Week 4: Visualization, Mantra and Offering Praises – 1hr, 5m
- Week 5: Benefits of the Practice and Special Prayers – 40m
- Week 6: Complete Practice Summary and Faithful Student Song – 30 min
- Week 7: Mudras; Demonstration and Practice – 40m
- Week 8: Tsog (feast) Teachings and Practice – 2hrs, 10m
Live Webcasts will be held with Lopon Charlotte Rotterdam on the following dates:
Saturdays at 10 am MT:
- June 12: 1.5-hr webcast
- From 11:00-11:30am MT Lopön Charlotte will offer the lung for anyone who has not received it. If you have received it, you may choose to stay on to receive it as a blessing.
- June 26: 1-hr webcast
- July 10: 1-hr webcast
- July 24: 1.5-hr webcast
- From 11:00-11:30am MT Lopön Charlotte will offer the lung for anyone who cannot attend the first one.
- No previous course requirements
- Lung required (a live webcast transmission of the practice will be held twice during the course)