With Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam and Pieter Oosthuizen
Please include your information in the form below to receive updates about the next offering of this course.
Prajñaparamita is one of the key philosophies and practices of the Mahayana teachings of Buddhism. In this course, Lama Tsultrim addresses the fascinating history of the deity Prajñaparamita, also known as the Great Mother. The meditation practice helps one connect with and embody the deep wisdom that she represents. This practice is also a primary ‘open awareness’ meditation that is regularly practiced outdoors at Tara Mandala while gazing at the vast, open sky. This course is open to anyone.
What Will I Learn?
- Understand the historical origins and profound meaning of the Prajñaparamita (Perfection of Wisdom) philosophy.
- Receive the complete explanation of Lama Tsultrim’s Prajñaparamita deity practice, and learn how to do the practice.
- Receive a live transmission of the Prajñaparamita practice.
- Learn the Nine Breaths practice as a preliminary yogic technique for clearing your energy channels prior to meditation.
Who Is This Course For?
- Suitable for both beginning and seasoned practitioners, this practice truly meets you where you are.
- For anyone interested in ‘open awareness’ or ‘sky gazing’ meditation in the framework of a deity practice.
- 2.5 hrs of video teachings with Lama Tsultrim Allione.
- Two 1-hour live webcasts with Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam and Pieter Oosthuizen.
Prajñaparamita is a core practice of the Tara Mandala Magyu Program. Please note: The Feeding Your Demons® Online Level I (Buddhist Track) also includes the Prajñaparamita practice, as does Kapala Training Level I, and Opening the Heart of Compassion (formerly Mahayana).
Deferred Payment Plans and Scholarships:
Please see this page for further information.
If you are currently a member of our Sustaining Sangha, you may apply your Online Course discount to this course.
- History of Prajñaparamita (~ 44min)
- Prajñaparamita Practice (~ 55min)
- Webcast #1 – Transmission of the practice (attendance required)
- The Nine Breaths (~25min)
- Practice Week
- Practice Week
- Webcast #2 – Questions & Answers
There are no prerequisites for this course.