With Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam
and Pieter Oosthuizen
July 13 to August 1
Prajñaparamita is one of the key philosophies and practices of the Mahayana teachings of Buddhism. It is also a primary ‘open awareness’ meditation that is regularly practiced at Tara Mandala.
What Will I Learn?
- Understand the historical origins and profound meaning of the Prajñaparamita (Perfection of Wisdom) philosophy.
- Receive the complete explanation of Lama Tsultrim’s Prajñaparamita deity practice, and learn how to do the practice.
- Receive a live transmission of the Prajñaparamita practice.
- Learn the Nine Breaths practice as a preliminary yogic technique for clearing your energy channels prior to meditation.
Who Is This Course For?
- Suitable for both beginning and seasoned practitioners.
- For anyone interested in ‘open awareness’ meditation in the framework of a deity practice.
- 2.5 hrs of video teachings with Lama Tsultrim Allione.
- Two 1-hour live webcasts with Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam and Pieter Oosthuizen.
Prajñaparamita is a core practice of the Tara Mandala Magyu Program. Please note: The Feeding Your Demons® Online Level I (Buddhist Track) also includes the Prajñaparamita practice, as does Kapala Training Level I Onsite.
- History of Prajñaparamita (~ 44min)
- Prajñaparamita Practice (~ 55min)
- Webcast #1 – Transmission of the practice (attendance required)
- The Nine Breaths (~25min)
- Practice Week
- Practice Week
- Webcast #2 – Questions & Answers
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course includes two webcasts with Lopön Charlotte and / or Pieter Oosthuizen:
- Saturday, July 18 at 9am Pacific Time: This webcast includes the transmission of the practice. Live attendance is required.
- Saturday, August 1 at 9am Pacific Time