Ösel Nyingtig Gathering (USA) – Retreat in Colorado
With Lama Tsultrim Allione and Tulku Ösel Dorje
August 4 - 10, 2023
We are pleased to announce that our inaugural, Ösel Nyingtig Gathering, will be offered this summer at Tara Mandala Retreat Center in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. This special retreat will provide a long-awaited opportunity to connect in-person with our cherished sangha and to dive deeply into the teachings of this cycle, while immersing ourselves in the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Who Can Attend?
- Tara Mandala extends a warm invitation to all those enrolled in the Ösel Nyingtig program.
- Anyone who has maintained the practice samaya. If you want to attend but are not sure if you qualify, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any student in Europe who is also a member of the Ösel Nyingtig program, please note that a similar Gathering is scheduled for September 9-14, 2023. Please contact Donato (email@example.com) with any questions and registration information.
What is the Vision?
- Our vision is to be on the land, the Ösel Nyingtig “tersa” (earth where terma is revealed) to meet each other in person finally. Early August is a beautiful time on the land to practice together, cultivate community and feel the blessings of the land where this terma was first discovered.
- Tulku Ösel will be teaching in person while Lama Tsultrim will be offering her teachings via broadcast to the students in this retreat.
- This retreat will provide an opportunity for all Ösel Nyingtig students to be together. That is, students in Group One (who received the Troma empowerment and maintained the practice samaya for Tröma Nagmo sadhana) and students of Group Two (who have held the Dakini Ngöndro samaya this past year)
- Throughout the seven days of this gathering, there will be practices, teachings, community councils and discussions. At some points of the program, the two groups will be together and they will also meet separately. Every morning the groups will practice the Dakini Ngondro together and every evening they will practice Chöd together.
- Lama Tsultrim and Tulku Ösel Dorje will teach the Yeshe Tsogyal Sadhana to Group Two during the first two days while Group One will be invited to do practice of Tröma Nagmo sadhana. On the subsequent days, Group One will receive the teachings on the Special Instructions of the Exceedingly Secret Tröma.
- On the final morning everyone will be together for an auspicious Tsog Feast, with spontaneous poetry of realization and songs of inspiration.
What if I cannot attend in person?
- For students who are unable to attend in person, Lama Tsultrim and Tulku Ösel have agreed to also offer the teachings online for both groups. Please use the link below to register for the corresponding virtual retreat:
To prepare for your visit, we invite you to read our information on Tara Mandala’s Safety Protocols for In-Person Retreats.
To prepare for this retreat, you will need:
- Your practice text(s) for Yeshe Tsogyal sadhana and the Dakini Ngondro
- Chod drum, bell, and damaru
- zen and ritual clothing
The Total Price for this retreat consists of a Room & Board Fee and a Program Fee.
ROOM & BOARD FEE
Commuting: Participants choosing this fee option will have access to 3 meals a day (dinner on first day, and breakfast on last day) and the use of Tara Mandala’s facilities during their visit each day while commuting daily.
Standard Room & Board: On a first-come first-serve basis, participants choosing this fee option can choose from Camping, Yurt Dorm, and Prajna Double Room lodging. Access to 3 meals a day (dinner on first day, and breakfast on last day) and the use of Tara Mandala’s facilities is included.
Prajna Single Queen Room & Board: Participants choosing this fee option can choose to stay in a Single Prajna Queen Bed Room with shared bathroom. Access to 3 meals a day (dinner on first day, and breakfast on last day) and the use of Tara Mandala’s facilities is included.
Choose this rate if you have the financial security and capacity to support Tara Mandala at a higher level. The contributions we receive within this level make it possible for us to offer a below-cost Access Rate to those practitioners with a limited income.
This rate is for you if you:
- Own your own home and live comfortably without financial worry
- Have investments and savings
- Easily have access to money in times of need or emergencies
- Have the desire to help make the Dharma more accessible to others
Choose this rate if you have the financial capacity to sustain Tara Mandala’s ability to offer high-quality programs. The contributions we gratefully receive at this level enable us to keep our prices low while covering the basic program costs.
This rate is for you if you:
- Have the capacity to meet your basic financial needs
- Make your rent or mortgage and other monthly payments
- Are generally able to purchase new items and experiences for yourself
- Can afford to take trips and go on retreats
Choose this rate if you have limited financial capacity or are currently experiencing financial hardship. The contributions we gratefully receive at this level go toward covering costs and are supported by contributions of those who choose the Generosity Rate.
This rate is for you if you:
- Have difficulty meeting your basic financial needs
- Are experiencing housing, employment, or income instability
- Live paycheck-to-paycheck and and lack money in times of need
- Face challenges due to devaluation of your currency against the US dollar.
Offering dana to the teacher: The practice of offering dana, which means “generosity,” is the traditional offering the student makes to the teacher as a symbol of appreciation, gratitude, and reciprocity for receiving the precious teachings. Information on offering dana to the teacher will be provided during the virtual retreat. To learn more about dana and suggested dana ranges, please click here.
Payment Plans and Financial Assistance
Tara Mandala offers two types of financial assistance: Deferred Payment Plans and Scholarships. You may apply for one or both of these types of assistance. Read the terms carefully as outlined on the financial aid application. Please see this page for further information.
If you are currently a member of our Sustaining Sangha, you may apply your Retreat discount to this in-person retreat.
Click Here for Our Onsite Retreat Cancellation and Refund Policy
Lama Tsultrim Allione is the bestselling author of Women of Wisdom (1984), Feeding Your Demons (2008), and Wisdom Rising Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine (2018). Lama Tsultrim is the founder of Tara Mandala, a 700-acre retreat center with the three-story temple and library dedicated to the divine…
Learn more about Lama Tsultrim Allione
Tulku Ösel Dorje was born in Rome, Italy in 1980 to an Italian filmmaker, Costanzo Allione, and Lama Tsultrim Allione. Since birth, he’s been immersed in the Dharma. There were often Tibetan Lamas at home and most vacations were spent at retreat centers with Lamas such as Lopön Tenzin Namdak,…
Learn more about Tulku Ösel Dorje