‘Live’ Webcast – Oral Transmission (Tib. Lung) for Green Tara, CNNR Chöd, and Riwo Sangchö
With Lama Tsultrim Allione
September 26, 2021
What is a Lung?
Certain Vajrayana Buddhist practices require that you receive a Lung before you can begin to study or implement them. A Lung is an oral transmission of a practice, not a teaching. In the Tibetan tradition it is understood that during the Lung, the student receives a direct transmission of the practice which connects them to the blessing stream of the lineage: from the teacher giving the Lung, to her teacher, and his teacher, all the way back to the original source of the practice.
- A Lung can only be received ‘live’ (online) and is not recorded.
- We currently offer the Lung for our Green Tara, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche Chӧd, and Riwo Sangchӧ.
- Tara Mandala offers self-paced online courses that include explanation and teachings on these practices.
- We offer the Lung for these practices through Zoom every 3 or 4 months to support students of our self-paced programs which have no live (webcast) component.
- After receiving the Lung, you are authorized to participate in any of these programs.
- Once you are a student in any of these programs, you are welcome to join any of our regular practice groups, at any time, for a greater sense of sangha and support.
- A Lung is always specific to a particular practice, so if you have received a Lung for a different Green Tara practice for example, you will still need to receive the Lung for this Green Tara practice.
- Special Note: Lama Tsultrim will also offer the Lung for Shitro as well as the Elemental Prayer from Sampa Lhundrupma Prayer (Guru Rinpoche Prayer for the Elements) as a special blessing. It is Tara Mandala’s aspiration to have a Shitro Self-Paced Course available among our Winter course offerings.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone is welcome to receive a Lung as a blessing and connection to a certain practice. If you have already received the Lung, you are welcome to receive it again as a blessing.
Please know that if we exceed 1000 people on the webcast, you will be redirected to a private YouTube link.
What Do I Need to Prepare?
Nothing! No text, materials, or anything else are needed to attend a Lung.
What Are the Next Steps?
After receiving a Lung for a practice, the next step is to receive teachings on the practice. You can do this through the self-paced online courses we offer. You are welcome to register for any course now, as long as you commit to receiving the Lung at the next occasion.
Please Note: The Lung only authorizes you to participate in the specific practices listed above, and not similar practices from other lineages. Similarly, if you have received a transmission for Green Tara, for example, in another lineage, you still need to receive it in this lineage in order to empower your practice.
Lama Tsultrim Allione is the bestselling author of Women of Wisdom (1984), Feeding Your Demons (2008), and Wisdom Rising Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine (2018). Lama Tsultrim is the founder of Tara Mandala, a 700-acre retreat center with the three-story temple and library dedicated to the divine…
Learn more about Lama Tsultrim Allione