Tara Mandala is working to expand opportunities for access to Buddhist practices and teachings while offering an equity-informed fee structure when possible. With our Share the Dharma Initiative for select programs, we strive to make Dharma accessible to all while furthering the important conversations that must happen around current structures that inhibit equal access to underprivileged communities in our society. The Share the Dharma programs are free with the option to offer a donation to Tara Mandala. Participants may also secure longer access to recordings for a small fee.
Share the Dharma Initiative At A Glance
- The Share the Dharma Initiative was implemented with the aspiration to increase access to the Dharma for all people, especially those in difficult financial circumstances due to systemic oppression.
- Programs within the Share the Dharma Initiative are offered free of charge through the generosity of sponsoring donors.
- Participants in this initiative will have an opportunity to make an optional donation to Tara Mandala to support its mission if they have the financial capacity to do so.
- Participants may pay for longer access to recordings from the retreat for a small fee.
- Because these programs are being offered for free, sustaining sangha discounts will not apply to the recording access fees.
The Share the Dharma Initiative is only applicable to Virtual Retreats at this time.
Who pays for this retreat?
Share the Dharma retreats are made possible by the generous support of our donors, sustaining sangha members, and through the deep commitment of Tara Mandala’s board and staff to further conversations and awareness about equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Are all Tara Mandala retreats being offered with this model?
It is our intention to provide two to three retreat opportunities per year under this initiative. Please refer to the top of a retreat listing for a Share the Dharma Initiative label that will inform you if a specific retreat has been designated to be part of this initiative.
Is Financial Aid available for this retreat?
No. These retreats are offered at no cost.
Teacher compensation is covered by Tara Mandala. However, we invite you to consider offering a donation (dana) to the teacher if you feel inspired and have the capacity. We will provide links for offering dana before and at the end of the program. For more information about dana, click here.