Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Sacred Masculine
With Lama Tsultrim Allione, Pieter Oosthuizen and Karla Jackson-Brewer
September 2 - 8, 2020
A retreat open to everyone!
The Mandala of the Five Buddhas is for all of us who long to integrate the awakened, sacred, and wise masculine within ourselves. Buddhism sees the enlightened masculine as the capacity to act skillfully and with wise compassion. These are capacities that must be nurtured by all of us, regardless of our gender identity. The Jungian understanding of the psyche tells us that we each have both feminine and masculine aspects of ourselves, which he calls the anima and the animus. The work of healing and moving towards wholeness involves drawing forth and cultivating the positive aspects of each; otherwise, the hidden agenda of our anima or animus can be destructive and self sabotaging. With the Mandala Training we offer a sublime method to work with the anima in the Dakini Mandala, the animus in the Mandala of the Five Buddhas, and the union of the two in the Yab Yum Mandala. The Mandala of the Five Buddhas offers a practical method to awaken the enlightened masculine in all of us by empowering us to bring into balance the mutually supportive inner feminine-masculine unity. It is this inner union that allows us to find strength and clarity within so that we may become “in-powered” and effective change agents in the world.
During this retreat you will experience transformation through the power of the mandala—a universal map of inner wholeness and embodiment. The mandala is a template of wholeness with a universal structure of the center and four directions, represented here by five families connected to elements, colors, seed syllables, emotions, psychological types, and wisdoms. This training offers a journey into the Mandala of the Five Buddhas practice developed by Lama Tsultrim Allione to bring emotional transformation into alignment with the spiritual path.
In this experiential retreat, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the Mandala of the Five Buddhas, embodiments of sacred masculine and wisdom, and a daily meditation practice.
- Focus on one of the Five Buddha Families to explore more deeply your encumbered patterns and learn how to transform those patterns into the wisdom of that particular family.
- Practice three enhancement methods:
- The 5-step practice of Feeding Your Demons®
- Guided Journey with the Buddhas
- Art through Mandala Work with your Hands
- Integrate with the elements through meditation (outdoors if weather permits).
- Further personal and dyad work relating to the Five Families.
What To Expect?
- During the retreat there will be noble silence.
Who Should Attend?
- This is open to everyone.
Suggested Dana Range: $210-$350
What is Dana?
- Dana is a Pali word meaning “generosity.” As one of the six paramitas or “perfections,” the practice of generosity is an integral part of the Buddhist path. Dharma teachings are traditionally offered on the basis of dana which is offered to a teacher in recognition of the precious gift that has been given. Tara Mandala compensates teachers by only covering their travel and room and board while teaching. Tara Mandala suggests a range of dana for each retreat, based on the number of days in which the retreat will take place. There is an opportunity to give dana upon registration directly to the teacher(s) or at the end of each retreat, which is a special time of honoring what has been given and what has been received. For more information about Dana, click here.
Lama Tsultrim Allione is founder and resident lama of Tara Mandala. She is author of Women of Wisdom, Feeding Your Demons, and Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine. Born in New England to an academic/publishing family, she traveled to India in her late teens and was ordained as…
Learn more about Lama Tsultrim Allione
Pieter Oosthuizen is a teacher and entrepreneur and a long-time student of Tibetan Buddhism. He has been teaching various practices and retreats in Lama Tsultrim’s lineage in the US and abroad since 2006, offering a blend of incisive insight and genuine compassion. He co-leads the Boulder Tara Mandala Sangha with…
Learn more about Pieter Oosthuizen
Karla Jackson-Brewer, MS, Tara Mandala Authorized Teacher, has been practicing Chöd for 30 years and has assisted Lama Tsultrim on many Chöd retreats. Since 2013, she has taught Chöd with Lama Tsultrim and Lopon Chandra Easton. Karla is a founder of Sine Qua Non: Allies in Healing, an Integrative Therapy…
Learn more about Karla Jackson-Brewer