Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine — Mandala Method Level I (ONLINE)
With Lama Tsultrim Allione and Dorje Lopön Chandra Easton
October 12 - November 30, 2023
“The mandala is a template or blueprint of wholeness. It has a center and four directions. Associated with each direction is a color, an element, an obstructed pattern and a wisdom. It is a way to understand yourself and also your world.” – Lama Tsultrim Allione
We invite you to join us for a 7-week journey through the Mandala of the Five Wisdom Dakinis. Students will be guided through the development of the feminine in Buddhism, the mandala principle, introduced to the fierce feminine of the dakinis (female deities in Tibetan Buddhism, embodying profound wisdom and the empowered feminine), the five Buddha families, and several transformative meditation practices. Interspersed with pre-recorded teachings with Lama Tsultrim Allione, the program will additionally feature four live webcasts with Dorje Lopön Chandra Easton where students will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive guidance along their journey through the mandala.
Each of the five Dakinis are associated with a difficult emotion such as depression, anger, arrogance, craving, or envy as well as a corresponding wisdom energy such as equanimity and discernment. This 7-week program teaches the Mandala of the Five Wisdom Dakinis, a practice that brings together sound, visualization, and meditation, and provides an inner map and skillful means to help us transform challenging emotions into their liberated wisdom.
While the practices featured in Wisdom Rising are rooted in Tibetan Buddhism and provide an in-depth introduction to the sacred feminine in this tradition, they are applicable and enriching for students of all gender identities. For those interested in mindfulness, this work offers a path to a deeper and more embodied spiritual practice. For those long-immersed in Buddhism, it provides rich, new insights into familiar concepts and practice of the five Buddha families.
This rich course, Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine, is also Level I in our forthcoming Mandala Method Certification Program. This program will guide individuals through deep work and practice with the mandala and certify them to be able to use mandala work one-on-one with clients. For more information about the Mandala Method Certification Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this 7-week course, Dorje Lopön Chandra Easton will:
- Guide you through the development of the feminine in Buddhism.
- Introduce the mandala principle and its importance to western and eastern psychology.
- Provide an in-depth overview of the fierce feminine qualities found within the five Dakini buddha families.
- Teach the Mandala of the Five Wisdom Dakinis practice, a powerful and yet simple practice suitable for anyone.
Who Should Attend?
- This program is suitable for anyone and is an excellent starting point for anyone interested in Vajrayana Buddhism.
- Anyone interested in becoming certified to use mandala work with clients and who hopes to complete the Mandala Method Certification Program.
- Completion of this program fulfills the requirement for Magyu: The Mother Lineage practitioners.
- Completion of this program fulfills Mandala Method Level I requirements. For more information, email: email@example.com.
Recommended Practice Supports:
Please visit the Dakini Store for additional (but not required) items to support your practice, such as:
- Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine by Lama Tsultrim Allione (May 2018)
- 1 Practice Text for Mandala of the Five Wisdom Dakinis (Print booklet version)
- 1 Dakini Mandala Image (laminated deity card)
- Wisdom Rising Practice Bundle (Book, Practice Text and Deity Card)
- Mandala Deity Card
- Wisdom Rising Practice Support Collection
All participants will have a 1-year access period to the recordings and course materials.
What is a Tara Mandala Online Program?
Tara Mandala offers online programming via live and pre-recorded curriculum that give you the opportunity to access dharma teachings, engage in guided practice, experience personal retreat and hands-on learning, while connecting with other participants through easy-to-use online platforms and an engaged community network. When needed, the program description and schedule will inform you in advance if and when a specific online session must be attended live if a direct transmission (Tib. lung) may be given. Access to recordings of all sessions will be available for additional viewing for one year.
Tara Mandala Program Pricing
Choose an amount within this range if you have the financial security and capacity to support Tara Mandala at a higher level. The contributions we receive within this range make it possible for us to offer a below-cost Access Range to those practitioners with a limited income.
This range is for you if you:
- Own your own home and live comfortably without financial worry
- Have investments and savings
- Easily have access to money in times of need or emergencies
- Have the desire to help make the Dharma more accessible to others
Choose an amount within this range if you have the financial capacity to sustain Tara Mandala’s ability to offer high-quality programs. The contributions we gratefully receive within this range enable us to keep our prices low while covering the basic program costs.
This range is for you if you:
- Have the capacity to meet your basic financial needs
- Make your rent or mortgage and other monthly payments
- Are generally able to purchase new items and experiences for yourself
- Can afford to take trips and go on retreats
Choose an amount within this range if you have limited financial capacity or are currently experiencing financial hardship. The contributions we gratefully receive within this range go toward covering costs and are supported by contributions of those who choose the Generosity Range.
This range is for you if you:
- Have difficulty meeting your basic financial needs
- Are experiencing housing, employment, or income instability
- Live paycheck-to-paycheck and and lack money in times of need
- Face challenges due to devaluation of your currency against the US dollar.
Offering dana to the teacher: The practice of offering dana, which means “generosity,” is the traditional offering the student makes to the teacher as a symbol of appreciation, gratitude, and reciprocity for receiving the precious teachings. Information on offering dana to the teacher will be provided during the virtual retreat. To learn more about dana and suggested dana ranges, please click here.
Payment Plans and Financial Assistance
Tara Mandala offers two types of financial assistance: Deferred Payment Plans and Scholarships. You may apply for one or both of these types of assistance. Read the terms carefully as outlined on the financial aid application. Please see this page for further information.
If you are currently a member of our Sustaining Sangha, you may apply your Online Program discount to this course.
The live webcasts are listed below. Please note, Daylight Savings Time ends part way through this course. The sessions in Mountain Daylight Time and Mountain Standard Time are noted below.
Please use this link to see how the webcast schedule translates into your timezone.
Live Webcasts with Lopön Chandra
Thursdays: 11:00am-1:00pm (Mountain Time)
October 19 (MDT)
November 2 (MDT)
November 16 (MST)
November 30 (MST)
Weekly Practice Session with Apprentice Teachers, Bridget Bailey or Lisa Erickson
Saturdays: 10:00am-11:00am (Mountain Time)
October 21 (MDT)
October 28 (MDT)
November 4 (MDT)
November 11 (MST)
November 18 (MST)
November 25 (MST)
Lama Tsultrim Allione is the bestselling author of Women of Wisdom (1984), Feeding Your Demons (2008), and Wisdom Rising Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine (2018). Lama Tsultrim is the founder of Tara Mandala, a 700-acre retreat center with the three-story temple and library dedicated to the divine…
Learn more about Lama Tsultrim Allione
Dorje Lopön Chandra is a teacher, author, and translator of Tibetan Buddhism. She is the lead senior teacher at Tara Mandala Retreat Center, founded by Lama Tsultrim Allione. She serves on the Tara Mandala Board of Trustees, the Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Council, develops programs and curricula for Tara Mandala,…
Learn more about Dorje Lopön Chandra Easton