Participation in the Certification Level alone will not guarantee certification as Feeding Your Demons® (FYD) Facilitator. Successful certification relies on passing the test offered during the online Capstone Retreat. Tara Mandala reserves the right to refuse certification.
Maintaining your Feeding Your Demons® Certification
There are certain requirements and benefits associated with maintaining your FYD Certification. Please note that the requirements are essential in order to maintain the authorization to use FYD in a professional setting.
Annual Membership Fee
Facilitators are required to:
- Pay an annual fee of $35 to Tara Mandala. This fee is a combined membership, licensing, and administrative fee.
- Please note the first year of membership after graduating from the Certification Level is included in tuition.
- The first payment of the annual fee will be due one year after getting certified.
Facilitators are required to:
- Be available for an evaluation interview regarding Facilitator’s use of the FYD method with a designated FYD teacher once every three years, if requested.
- Be prepared for a retest, if required by the teacher, during the interview. For any such test the Facilitator has to show that they can guide someone through the process by memory without using the text.
- Pay an administrative fee of $50 for the interview or to retake the test.
- If a retest is failed, a second test will be arranged soon after.
- The teacher may also recommend remediating action to be completed by the Facilitator prior to a second test.
If no second test is requested; recommended remediating action is not completed in a satisfactory way; or the second test is failed, the Facilitator’s status will be placed under suspension until the Facilitator has retaken the Feeding Your Demons® Certification Level course.
- During suspension, they will not be authorized to use the Feeding Your Demons® process with clients or in a professional capacity or setting. Their contact information will not be included in the Tara Mandala online directory. (see below under benefits).
- Tara Mandala will offer at least one exclusive annual webcast for FYD Facilitators that will include talks on the latest developments, research, and best practices regarding FYD, and an opportunity for Q & A.
- Webcasts will be led by designated Senior FYD Teachers and/or Lama Tsultrim Allione.
- Facilitators are required to attend at least one webcast seminar every three years.
Online Directory Listing
- All Certified FYD Facilitators will have their contact information displayed on Tara Mandala’s high-traffic website in the FYD Facilitator Online Directory (if desired).
Pausing your Certification
- Facilitators can pause their FYD certification for a requested amount of time. The written request should be directed to the FYD program coordinator.
- The original 3-year interview cycle will continue during the pause, unless the pause exceeds the time that is left before the next interview. In this case an interview will be required at the end of the pause, and the 3-year interview cycle will reset on that date.
- If the certification is paused for more than five years, Tara Mandala reserves the right to require further training from the Facilitator prior to reinstating the certification.
The Facilitator shall:
- Use the Feeding Your Demons® method to facilitate and guide only individuals or couples on a one-on-one basis.
- Use and follow the appropriate guidelines, protocols, forms, etc. as established and provided during the Facilitator’s training.
- Not engage in facilitation of groups in any form or setting unless explicit authorization and training has been given by Lama Tsultrim Allione or her authorized representatives.
- Not teach others how to facilitate the Feeding Your Demons® process.
- Represent their credentials accurately, informing clients if the certification is under review or suspension.
- Not work with individuals experiencing severe trauma, abuse, addiction, self-harm, or suicide attempts or ideation, unless Facilitator is also a duly licensed mental health professional, or has been specifically trained and/or licensed to work with such individuals.
- Exempt and/or indemnify Tara Mandala, its staff, employees, teachers, and Lama Tsultrim Allione from any liability that may arise from the Facilitator’s use of the Feeding Your Demons® process with clients or others.
Content and Delivery
The Facilitator is solely responsible for the effective facilitation and representation of the FYD process. The actual language and script of the facilitation shall conform to the material provided by Tara Mandala and as specified during the Facilitator’s training, and/or in subsequent official updates.
The Facilitator is aware that Lama Tsultrim Allione owns all the copyright for the materials and the FYD process, as maintained by Tara Mandala as her duly appointed agent. Any modification to, or misrepresentation of the Feeding Your Demons® process by the Facilitator will constitute an infringement of established copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights connected with the Feeding Your Demons® process. The Facilitator shall
- Give due credit to the originator Lama Tsultrim Allione when presenting the technique in any detail, such as on a website or in a blog post.
- Use the official full title of the process for all advertising and marketing, and that title is “Feeding Your Demons® Process”, or its officially sanctioned translation.
- Refer to themselves as a “Certified Feeding Your Demons® Facilitator”.
Any information or forms collected from clients or patients shall be treated in accordance with all local laws, regulations, and recognized privacy protocols, including but not limited to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) when practiced in the United States.
Facilitator is solely responsible for all local taxes, withholdings, and other statutory, regulatory, or contractual obligations of any sort (including, but not limited to, those relating to disability insurance, Social Security, unemployment compensation coverage, the Fair Labor Standards Act, income taxes, etc, when practiced in the United States). Facilitator is not an employee or independent contractor of Tara Mandala.
Tara Mandala’s insurance does not cover Facilitator’s liability and/or worker’s compensation coverage for any facilitation services. Tara Mandala recommends that Facilitators have their own professional liability insurance and that they add Feeding Your Demons® work to their list of services covered.
Code of Ethics
Tara Mandala recognizes that the Facilitator’s role is a position of power and leverage. As such, the Facilitator agrees to uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity in their conduct when using the Feeding Your Demons® method.