How to Register for a Retreat
Space is limited, so please register early!
- Please go to the Retreats Calendar and select the retreat you want to attend. Please read the program page before you register.
- If you have a membership at Tara Mandala, enter your discount code in the box provided.
- Use the “Additional Information” section for anything you want us to know that is not on the form (roommates, physical needs, etc.)
- If your preferred housing choice is sold out, please register for your second choice and put a note in the Additional Information box to be put on a waitlist.
- Your space and accommodations are reserved when the Retreat Fee is received. At that time, you will be sent a confirmation of registration, providing instructions on arrival and check-in procedures, what to bring, and other pertinent information.
- Your space and accommodations are guaranteed when the full Retreat Fee is received.
- There is a $50 fee for all returned checks.
- Please see our Retreat Cancellation Policy.
Retreat Fees are per person and include the cost of the retreat, meals, practice texts (for some retreats; some retreats require additional purchase of large texts), and full use of the facilities from check-in on the first day of the retreat until it ends. Accommodations and meals are not available between retreats unless you are staying for consecutive retreats and authorize the additional fees. The retreat fees do not include teacher Dana, or donation, unless otherwise specified. Tara Mandala Sangha Members receive a small discount depending on their level of monthly support.
Tax-deductible donations to the Evada Scholarship Fund are used to help people who otherwise might not be able to attend our retreats come to Tara Mandala.
Please note that Dana for the teachers is not included in the retreat fee. A suggested Dana amount for primary teacher is given in the retreat description. Click here for more information on Dana.
If you have questions on how to make a payment for a retreat, please contact our Accounts Director on this page.
Retreat Cancellation Policy
For In-Person Retreats held at Tara Mandala Colorado Retreat Center
Last minute cancellations are extremely costly for us. The staff time, food, and budget committed to each program is based upon the number of people registered. In addition, you may have contributed a portion of your program cost to one of our scholarship funds. These contributions cannot be returned because others are then affected.
- The Cancellation Fee for Onsite Group Retreats is $50 or $100. Refund/credit amounts are dependent on the timing of the written request:
- If we receive your written Cancellation or Retreat Change Request 15 days or more before the retreat starts, you will receive a full refund minus the $50 processing fee and minus any scholarship funds donated.
- If we receive your written Cancellation or Retreat Change Request 14 days or less before the retreat starts, you will receive a credit on account that is valid for 1 year from date of cancellation minus the $100 processing fee and minus any scholarship funds donated.
- Cancellations or Retreat Change Requests must be received in writing for a refund or credit to be issued. Please contact the Registrar on this page with the subject line: “Retreat Cancellation Request.” Cancellations/Retreat Change Requests cannot be accepted by phone.
- Please note our Solitary Retreat Cabins have a unique cancellation policy and this policy can be viewed on our website here: Cancellation Policy for Solitary Retreat registration.
- If you have cancellation or financial questions, contact our Registrar on this page.
In the unfortunate event that Tara Mandala makes substantial changes to the content of a retreat or cancels a retreat altogether, you will receive, upon your written request, a full refund or credit towards another retreat. Thank you for planning your retreat time carefully.
For Tara Mandala Organized In-Person Retreats by Held at Other Locations
- The Cancellation Fee for Offsite, In-Person Retreats (not held at Tara Mandala) is $50. Refund/credit amounts are dependent on the timing of the written request:
- If we receive your written Cancellation Request 15 days or more before the retreat starts, you will receive a full refund, minus the $50 processing fee, and minus any scholarship funds donated.
- No refunds will be issued for Cancellation Requests submitted 14 days or less before the start of the retreat.
- Cancellations Requests for Offsite Retreats must be received in writing for a refund or credit to be issued. Please contact the Registrar on this page with the subject line: “Retreat Cancellation Request.” Cancellations/Retreat Change Requests cannot be accepted by phone.
When you donate to the scholarship fund, Tara Mandala is able to offer partial and full scholarships to retreats for those in need of financial assistance. The Evada Scholarship Fund was established in 1996 to extend the concept of Dana (generosity) to members of the sangha who find themselves in financial need and who would not otherwise be able to attend a specific retreat. There is now a separate place for these donations on the Registration Form. Your generosity makes a difference, no matter the size of the donation!