Due to the generosity of the Tara Mandala Global Sangha, we are able to offer the following types of financial assistance: deferred payment plans, Evada Scholarships or Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Scholarships. Read the terms carefully as outlined on the financial aid application.
Deferred Payment Plans
Payment plan requests may be submitted through this application link on our website. The basic guidelines for our payment plans follow:
- We ask that deposits are 25% or 50% of the entire payment upon registration.
- The balance after the deposit is made can be split into equal payment.
- The balance must be paid in full prior to the start of a program. Exceptions may be made for year long courses.
Once the request is received and payment plan is agreed upon, participants will receive a special discount code depending on the arrangement. Participants will register through our normal registration system while only paying the agreed upon deposit amount. Participants must notify firstname.lastname@example.org once they have registered. Finance will then schedule the remaining payments.
The Evada Fund was established in 1996 to extend the concept of dana (generosity) to members of the sangha who, due to financial hardship, may not otherwise be able to attend our retreats.The Evada Fund is supported by donors and our generous sangha who pay above the minimum on our sliding scale for retreat fees.
Tara Mandala is currently able to offer partial scholarships for retreats and annual fees for our long-term practitioner programs (Magyu, Gateway, Ösel Nyingtig). Please keep in mind that our funds are limited, so requesting the minimum needed will enable more people to benefit from this fund. Please read the Scholarship Guidelines and Terms below before applying.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Fund
The Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Scholarship Fund was established at Tara Mandala in 2015 seeded through a generous donation by an anonymous donor. Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Scholarships are for people of color and/or those who are underrepresented due to their gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social class, and ethnicity and those in need of financial support. Please keep in mind that our funds are limited, so requesting the minimum needed will enable more people to benefit from this fund. Please read the Scholarship Guidelines and Terms below before applying.
How to Apply for a Scholarship
Begin by reading the Guidelines and Terms listed below. You can apply for scholarships toward retreat fees, online courses, and for Magyu, Gateway, and Ösel Nyingtig Program fees only. Scholarships are awarded based on funds available. If you are awarded a scholarship, the award amount will be deducted from the total amount owed for your program. Please apply for all scholarships prior to registering for a retreat or course. If you are applying for assistance with an annual program fee, please apply at least two months prior to when your annual fee is due.
Once you have applied, you will receive an email from the Finance Department after your application is reviewed. Please allow a week prior to following up on your application status. In the future, should your financial circumstances change we hope you will consider making a donation to this fund to benefit others.
Fill out the the application form, here.
Scholarship Guidelines & Terms
- One scholarship per person per program.
- Each applicant must fill out and submit an application.
- Scholarships are need-based and can cover from 25-75% of the registration fee for a given retreat, course, or long term program annual fee depending on the funds that are available.
- Monastics are eligible for scholarships ranging from 25-100% based on need. Please submit the same application for approval.
- Applications must be received at least four weeks prior to the start of the retreat in order to be considered for allocation of funds.
- Special Note: Due to COVID-19, we will accept applications up to three days in advance of a Virtual Retreat or start of an Online Program.
- Applicants will be asked to describe their financial need for a scholarship in writing.
- Scholarships are offered toward camping, dorm yurt, and commuting (when available) accommodations only.
- Scholarships only apply to Tier One pricing for Virtual Retreats and Online Courses.
- Scholarships cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers including Sustaining Sangha Membership discounts.
If you have any questions, please email our Finance Department, at email@example.com.